“Green is not a movement, it is an imperative. Sustainability is not just a philosophy, it is good business.” ~ GMIC 2011
Every day, more and more hotels worldwide are embracing Green and Sustainable Tourism.
Introducing Green Hotels Asia Pacific, our network of Eco-friendly hotels committed to environment-friendly operations management which aims for ecological protection and best Green Hotels practices to include:
- Energy Management & Saving
- Water Management & Saving
- Waste Management – Reuse, Reduce & Recycle Policies & Practices
- Minimizing Carbon Footprint (i.e. the amount of carbon dioxide which is emitted at the atmosphere by everyday activities)
- Offering Natural and Local-sourced products to their guests
- Building an Environmental-friendly Culture and communicating it to staff and guests
• Our vision is our network to be the most reliable eco hotels network around Globe.
• To promote sustainability to hotel sector
• To integrate innovation in our environmental actions
• To network hoteliers, operators, costumers and guests
• To promote Greenhotels around the world
• To integrate environmental customer satisfaction and needs to our “culture”
• To bring added value to the hotel industry
OUR BUSINESS MODEL
• Full committment to our Sustainability policy
• Ecological knowledge & experience
• Use of state-of-the-art technology
• Promotion via social media, internet and other technologies
• Green collaboration with all business sectors
• Auditing and sustainability action plans
• Waste management focusing in minimization and 3R’s Reuse, Reduce, Recycle
• Water management & saving
• Energy management & saving
• Purchasing management – procuring sustainability
• Certification – Travelife or other schemes
• CSR Management & Reporting Guest Engagement in Sustainability
• Promotion through Google add words
• Customized Training & Capacity Building for Managers & Staff
• Social media marketing
• Green marketing
• Online consulting services
• The Clean Blue Sustainable Beach Management
OUR GREEN HOTELS NETWORK
Green Hotels network consists of hotels that have implemented operational systems and methods that are eco-oriented, work towards the protection of environment and have applied principles of environmental management.
Through Green Hotels portal, the hotel itself is being promoted, its ecological character, its environmental actions and other related activities – if available- which take place in the surrounding area. Moreover, great attention is given to the presentation of the personality of hotel’s manager, as he/she is considered to be the key person behind the development and establishment of the eco-character of the described hotel.
Green Hotels network aims to promote not only the hotels through descriptive texts and photos, but also their owners and managers. Our network consists of hotels that offer guests a unique and holistic experience throughout their stay from check-in to check-out, in hospitable and eco-friendly atmosphere, with eco-knowledgeable staff ready to serve and inform them about the environment-friendly practices of the hotel which enhance the guest experience..
YOUR GREEN ADVANTAGE
- Fulfill Legislation standards
- Protect the environment
- Reduce of energy, waste, water use and water waste
- Fulfill shareholders, employees, guests and public expectations of eco-friendly standards
- Enhance company’s image and reputation
- 93% prefer a green hotel compared to another one without environmental policy
- 70% would like to practice environmental actions during their stay
YOUR CUTTING EDGE BENEFITS
- Your hotel/resort will be included in our Green Hotels, listed in most eco travel pages.
- Green Hotels is the first Eco hotels network in Asia Pacific
- Green Hotels principal in the Mediterranean has an experienced team within the fields of environmental management systems, marketing, lobbying.
- By becoming a member of our network you become a member of a global network.
We, the *Green Hotels team, are COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY and INNOVATION. For more information on how to green your hotel/s and become a pioneering GREEN HOTELS member in Asia and the Pacific, contact our Society for Sustainable Tourism & Development Inc. – SSTDI.
* Green Hotels is not a certification or award
The Coron, Boracay & Negros Initiatives are Sustainable Tourism, Conservation and Social Responsibility frameworks being implemented with institutional partners Green Hotels & The Clean Blue. Sustainability Capacity Building and Training programs towards a green economy for cities, communities and destinations include Good Governance, Rio 21 Agenda, Waste Management/3Rs/MRF, Resilience, Disaster Prevention and Management. Educational programs can be customized for public and private stakeholders, local government units, private businesses and the local community in general.
Photo credits: greenhotel.com.gr